16-27 May 2011
UN Headquarters, New York
1. Election of officers.
2. Adoption of the agenda and organization of work.
3. Follow-up to the recommendations of the Permanent Forum:
(a) Economic and social development;
(c) Free, prior and informed consent.
4. Human rights:
(a) Implementation of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples;
(b) Dialogue with the Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights and fundamental freedoms of indigenous people and other United Nations human rights mechanisms.
5. Half-day discussion on Central and South America and the Caribbean.
6. Comprehensive dialogue with United Nations agencies and funds.
7. Future work of the Permanent Forum, including issues of the Economic and Social Council and emerging issues.
8. Draft agenda for the eleventh session of the Permanent Forum.
9. Adoption of the report of the Permanent Forum on its tenth session.
- Note. There is no special theme for the Tenth Session. The Permanent Forum has a biannual working method one policy year and one review year. 2011 will be a review year.
Online pre-registration is now open. Those who wish to attend the tenth session of the Permanent Forum must pre-register online by 1 May 2011.
NGOs with ECOSOC status, indigenous peoples' organizations and academics that are already registered and have participated in past sessions of the Permanent Forum:
Log in (all NGOs, IPOs and academics who have attended sessions in previous years)
Indigenous peoples' organizations and academics that have not participated in previous sessions:Side events
Registration of side events is now open. The deadline for the submission of side event requests is 15 April. Due to a lack of availability of rooms, there will be significantly fewer side events than during previous sessions.
Side event request form (to be submitted by organizers of side events)
DOCUMENTS Submitted by the Secretariat of UNPFI